Dec 10 2022
Saturday

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States

3 rounds contest
@ Light Heavyweight
29-9-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

17-1-0

Contest odds

Blachowicz 39/20 (+200)
Ankalaev 2/5 (-250)

Chance of winning

32.18% 67.82%

The tape

39
Age
30
6' 2" / 188 cm
Height
6' 3" / 191 cm
78" / 198 cm
Reach
75.2" / 191 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 3SUB 2UD 5KO 2KO 1
Form
KO 2UD 5UD 3KO 1KO 1
29
Wins
17
9
By KO
9
31
KO%
53
9
Losses
1
2
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2007
Debut
2014
87
Pro rounds
44

Current rankings @ Light Heavyweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC 282 betting preview

Bookmakers made Magomed Ankalaev a strong favourite against Jan Blachowicz when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 10th December 2022 at UFC 282.

He is currently 2/5 (-250) to win the clash outright, while you can get 39/20 (+200) on Jan Blachowicz if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 68% chance of Ankalaev winning while giving Blachowicz a 32% chance.

Ankalaev opened as the favourite at 2/5 (-250).

Blachowicz opened at 2/1 (+200).

The fight is scheduled for 3 rounds in the Light Heavyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 205 pounds (14.35 stones or 93.18 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the vacant UFC light heavyweight championship.

Full UFC 282 Odds

Main Events

Magomed Ankalaev is currently 2/5 (-250) to beat Jan Blachowicz, while Blachowicz is currently 39/20 (+200) to win if you fancy the upset.

Paddy Pimblett is made a favourite at 1/2 (-200) to come out the victor in a fight against Jared Gordon, while Gordon is currently 8/5 (+160) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Main Card

Santiago Ponzinibbio sits at 6/25 (-420) to win against Robbie Lawler, while Lawler is currently 3/1 (+300) to win if you fancy the big upset.

Dricus Du Plessis is marked at 7/10 (-140) to be victorious against Darren Till, while Till is currently 23/20 (+110) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Ilia Topuria is currently 3/5 (-170) to defeat Bryce Mitchell, while Mitchell is currently 13/10 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Prelims

Edmen Shahbazyan is made a favourite at 3/10 (-330) to beat Dalcha Lungiambula, while Lungiambula is currently 5/2 (+250) to win if you fancy the upset.

Billy Quarantillo sits at 11/20 (-180) to come out the victor in a fight against Alexander Hernandez, while Hernandez is currently 7/5 (+140) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Erik Silva is marked at 8/13 (-160) to win against TJ Brown, while Brown is currently 5/4 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Jairzinho Rozenstruik is currently 13/25 (-190) to be victorious against Chris Daukaus, while Daukaus is currently 31/20 (+150) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Joaquin Buckley is made a favourite at 3/4 (-130) to defeat Chris Curtis, while Curtis is currently 21/20 (+100) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Raul Rosas Jr. sits at 7/20 (-290) to beat Jay Perrin, while Perrin is currently 43/20 (+220) to win if you fancy the upset.

Blachowicz vs Ankalaev Head To Head

Jan Blachowicz steps into the octagon with a record of 29 wins, 9 loses and 0 draws, 9 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 9 by submission.

Magomed Ankalaev will make his way to the cage with a record of 17 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 9 of those wins by knock out.

The stats suggest Ankalaev has a large advantage in power over Blachowicz, boosting at 53% knock out percentage over Blachowicz's 31%.

Jan Blachowicz is the older man by 9 years, at 39 years old.

Ankalaev has a height advantage of 1 inch over Blachowicz. Despite this, he has 3-inch reach advantage.

Blachowicz is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 20 more fights, and made his debut in 2007, 6 years and 10 months earlier than Ankalaev, whose first professional fight was in 2014. He has fought 43 more professional rounds, 87 to Ankalaev's 44.

Blachowicz vs Ankalaev betting form

Blachowicz has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going to the judges once.

In his last fight, he beat Aleksandar Rakic at UFC Fight Night: Błachowicz vs. Rakić on 14th May 2022 by knockout in the 3rd round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Glover Teixeira at UFC 267 on 30th October 2021 by knockout in the 2nd round in their UFC Light Heavyweight championship fight.

Going into that contest, he had beat Israel Adesanya at UFC 259 on 6th March 2021 by unanimous decision in their UFC Light Heavyweight championship fight at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.

Before that, he had won against Dominick Reyes at UFC 253 on 26th September 2020 by knockout in the 2nd round in their UFC Light Heavyweight championship fight at UFC Fight Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

He had beat Corey Anderson at UFC on ESPN+ 25 on 15th February 2020 by knockout in the 1st round at Santa Ana Star Center, Rio Rancho, United States.

Ankalaev has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 3 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he defeated Anthony Smith at UFC 277 on 30th July 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round at Madison Square Garden, New York City, United States.

Previous to that, he had defeated Thiago Santos at UFC Fight Night on 12th March 2022 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Going into that contest, he had won against Volkan Oezdemir at UFC 267 on 30th October 2021 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest.

Before that, he had defeated Ion Cutelaba at UFC 254 on 24th October 2020 by knockout in the 1st round at UFC Fight Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

He had beat Ion Cutelaba at UFC on ESPN+ 27 on 29th February 2020 by knockout in the 1st round at Chartway Arena, Norfolk, United States.

Who's been more active?

In terms of recent activity, Magomed Ankalaev has been fighting more than Jan Blachowicz.

Jan Blachowicz last fought 6 months and 14 days ago, while Magomed Ankalaev's last outing was 3 months and 29 days ago.

Blachowicz's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 9 months and 13 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 22 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 13 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.6 rounds on average.

Ankalaev's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 8 months and 30 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 19 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 12 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.4 rounds on average.

Blachowicz vs Ankalaev Odds History

All Betting Markets

All UFC 282 odds

UFC 282 Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Blachowicz vs AnkalaevSaturday, 10 December 2022Jan Blachowicz39/20(+200)Magomed Ankalaev2/5(-250)
Pimblett vs GordonSaturday, 10 December 2022Paddy Pimblett1/2(-200)Jared Gordon8/5(+160)
Ponzinibbio vs LawlerSaturday, 10 December 2022Santiago Ponzinibbio6/25(-420)Robbie Lawler3/1(+300)
Till vs PlessisSaturday, 10 December 2022Darren Till23/20(+110)Dricus Du Plessis7/10(-140)
Mitchell vs TopuriaSaturday, 10 December 2022Bryce Mitchell13/10(+130)Ilia Topuria3/5(-170)