Mar 04 2023
Saturday

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States

5 rounds contest
@ Heavyweight
26-1-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

11-1-0

Contest odds

Jones 7/10 (-140)
Gane 23/20 (+110)

Chance of winning

55.84% 44.16%

The tape

35
Age
32
6' 4" / 194 cm
Height
6' 4" / 193 cm
84.6" / 215 cm
Reach
83.1" / 211 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 5SD 5UD 5KO 3NC 3
Form
KO 3UD 5KO 3UD 5KO 2
26
Wins
11
10
By KO
5
38
KO%
45
1
Losses
1
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2008
Debut
2018
82
Pro rounds
34

Current rankings @ Heavyweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC 285 betting preview

Bookmakers made Jon Jones a favourite against Ciryl Gane when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 4th March 2023 at UFC 285.

He is currently 7/10 (-140) to win the clash outright, while you can get 23/20 (+110) on Ciryl Gane if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 56% chance of Jones winning while giving Gane a 44% chance.

Jones opened as the favourite at 8/11 (-140).

Gane opened at 11/10 (+110) which has shorten by 21/-20 (+100).

The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Heavyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 265 pounds (18.55 stones or 120.45 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the vacant UFC heavyweight championship.

Full UFC 285 Odds

Main Events

Jon Jones is currently 7/10 (-140) to beat Ciryl Gane, while Gane is currently 23/20 (+110) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Valentina Shevchenko is made a favourite at 1/6 (-590) to come out the victor in a fight against Alexa Grasso, while Grasso is currently 4/1 (+400) to win if you fancy the big upset.

Main Card

Dricus Du Plessis sits at 4/9 (-230) to win against Derek Brunson, while Brunson is currently 7/4 (+180) to win if you fancy the upset.

Shavkat Rakhmonov is marked at 1/5 (-500) to be victorious against Geoff Neal, while Neal is currently 10/3 (+330) to win if you fancy the big upset.

Jones vs Gane Head To Head

Jon Jones steps into the octagon with a record of 26 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 10 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 6 by submission.

Ciryl Gane will make his way to the cage with a record of 11 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 5 of those wins by knock out and 3 by submission.

The stats suggest Gane has a slight advantage in power over Jones, with a 45% knock out percentage over Jones' 38%.

Jon Jones is the older man by 3 years, at 35 years old.

Jones has 2-inch reach advantage.

Jones is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 15 more fights, and made his debut in 2008, 10 years and 3 months earlier than Gane, whose first professional fight was in 2018. He has fought 48 more professional rounds, 82 to Gane's 34.

Jones vs Gane betting form

Jones has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going to the judges 3 times.

In his last fight, he beat Dominick Reyes at UFC 247 on 8th February 2020 by unanimous decision in their UFC Light Heavyweight championship fight at Toyota Center, Houston, United States.

Previous to that, he had beat Thiago Santos at UFC 239 on 6th July 2019 by split decision in their UFC Light Heavyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.

Going into that contest, he had won against Anthony Smith at UFC 235 on 2nd March 2019 by unanimous decision in their UFC Light Heavyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.

Before that, he had beat Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 232 on 29th December 2018 by knockout in the 3rd round in their UFC Light Heavyweight championship fight at The Forum, Inglewood.

He had beat Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 on 29th July 2017 by knockout in the 3rd round in their UFC Light Heavyweight championship fight at Honda Center, Anaheim.

Gane has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he defeated Tai Tuivasa at UFC Fight Night Paris on 3rd September 2022 by knockout in the 3rd round at Accor Arena, Paris, France.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Francis NGannou at UFC 270 on 22nd January 2022 by unanimous decision in their UFC Heavyweight championship fight at Honda Center, Anaheim, United States.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Derrick Lewis at UFC 265 on 7th August 2021 by knockout in the 3rd round at Toyota Center, Houston.

Before that, he had won against Alexander Volkov at UFC Vegas 30 on 26th June 2021 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

He had defeated Junior dos Santos at UFC 256 on 12th December 2020 by knockout in the 2nd round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Who's been more active?

In terms of recent activity, Ciryl Gane has been fighting more than Jon Jones.

Jon Jones last fought 2 years, 11 months and 30 days ago, while Ciryl Gane's last outing was 5 months and 4 days ago.

Jones' last 5 fights have come over a period of 5 years, 6 months and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 1 year, 1 month and 7 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 21 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4.2 rounds on average.

Gane's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 1 month and 26 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 6 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 18 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3.6 rounds on average.

Jones vs Gane Odds History

All Betting Markets

All UFC 285 odds

UFC 285 Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Jones vs GaneSaturday, 4 March 2023Jon Jones7/10(-140)Ciryl Gane23/20(+110)
Shevchenko vs GrassoSaturday, 4 March 2023Valentina Shevchenko1/6(-590)Alexa Grasso4/1(+400)
Brunson vs PlessisSaturday, 4 March 2023Derek Brunson7/4(+180)Dricus Du Plessis4/9(-230)
Neal vs RakhmonovSaturday, 4 March 2023Geoff Neal10/3(+330)Shavkat Rakhmonov1/5(-500)