Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
broadcast start time:
US - N/A / UK - N/A
Chance of winning
Bookmakers made Islam Makhachev a strong favourite against Charles Oliveira when they meet in their bout on Saturday 21st October 2023 at UFC 294.
He is currently 2/7 (-340) to win the bout outright, while you can get 13/5 (+260) on Charles Oliveira if you fancy the upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 74% chance of Makhachev winning while giving Oliveira a 26% chance.
Makhachev opened as the favourite at 7/25 (-360).
Oliveira opened at 11/4 (+280) which has got wider by -17/20 (+120).
The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 155 pounds (10.85 stones or 70.45 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
This contest is for the UFC lightweight championship.
Full UFC 294 Odds
Islam Makhachev is currently 2/7 (-340) to beat Charles Oliveira, while Oliveira is currently 13/5 (+260) to win if you fancy the upset.
Khamzat Chimaev is made a favourite at 1/4 (-400) to come out the victor in a fight against Paulo Costa, while Costa is currently 3/1 (+300) to win if you fancy the big upset.
Ikram Aliskerov sits at 4/5 (-130) to win against Nassourdine Imavov, while Imavov is currently 1/1 (+100) to win if you fancy the slight upset.
Makhachev vs Oliveira II Head To Head
Islam Makhachev steps into the octagon with a record of 24 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 4 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 11 by submission.
Charles Oliveira will make his way to the cage with a record of 34 wins, 9 loses and 0 draws, with 10 of those wins by knock out and 21 by submission.
The stats suggest Oliveira has an advantage in power over Makhachev, with a 29% knock out percentage over Makhachev's 17%.
Islam Makhachev is the younger man by 1 year, at 32 years old.
Oliveira has 4-inch reach advantage.
Makhachev is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 18 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2010, 2 year and 4 months later than Oliveira, whose first professional fight was in 2008. He has fought 23 less professional rounds, 53 to Oliveira's 76.
Makhachev vs Oliveira II betting form
Makhachev has won 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 1 of them, going to the judges 4 times.
In his last fight, he won against Alexander Volkanovski at UFC 284 on 11th February 2023 by unanimous decision in their UFC Lightweight championship fight at RAC Arena, Perth, Western Australia.
Previous to that, he had won against Charles Oliveira at UFC 280 on 22nd October 2022 by unanimous decision in the 2nd round in their UFC Lightweight championship fight at Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Going into that contest, he had beat Bobby Green at UFC Fight Night on 26th February 2022 by knockout in the 1st round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.
Before that, he had defeated Dan Hooker at UFC 267 on 30th October 2021 by knockout in the 1st round.
He had won against Thiago Moises at UFC Vegas 31 on 17th July 2021 by knockout in the 4th round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.
Oliveira has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.
In his last fight, he defeated Beneil Dariush at UFC 289 on 10th June 2023 by knockout in the 1st round at Rogers Arena, Vancouver, Canada.
Previous to that, he had been beaten by Islam Makhachev at UFC 280 on 22nd October 2022 by submission in the 2nd round in their UFC Lightweight championship fight at Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Going into that contest, he had defeated Justin Gaethje at UFC 274 on 7th May 2022 by submission in the 1st round in their UFC Lightweight championship fight at Jeunesse Arena, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Before that, he had beat Dustin Poirier at UFC 269 on 11th December 2021 by submission in the 3rd round in their UFC Lightweight championship fight at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.
He had won against Michael Chandler at UFC 262 on 15th May 2021 by knockout in the 2nd round in their UFC Lightweight championship fight at Toyota Center, Houston.
Who's been more active?
In terms of recent activity, Islam Makhachev has been fighting more than Charles Oliveira.
Islam Makhachev last fought 7 months and 16 days ago, while Charles Oliveira's last outing was 3 months and 17 days ago.
Makhachev's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 2 months and 10 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 9 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 13 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.6 rounds on average.
Oliveira's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 4 months and 12 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 22 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 9 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 1.8 rounds on average.
|Fight||Fight Date||Fighter 1||Fighter 1 Winning Odds||Fighter 2||Fighter 2 Winning Odds|
|Makhachev vs Oliveira II||Saturday, 21 October 2023||Islam Makhachev||2/7(-340)||Charles Oliveira||13/5(+260)|
|Costa vs Chimaev||Saturday, 21 October 2023||Paulo Costa||3/1(+300)||Khamzat Chimaev||1/4(-400)|
|Imavov vs Aliskerov||Saturday, 21 October 2023||Nassourdine Imavov||1/1(+100)||Ikram Aliskerov||4/5(-130)|