Honda Center, Anaheim, United States
broadcast start time:
US - N/A / UK - N/A
Chance of winning
Bookmakers made Alexander Volkanovski a favourite against Ilia Topuria when they face off in their fight on Saturday 17th February 2024 at UFC 298.
He is currently 4/7 (-180) to win the fight outright, while you can get 13/10 (+130) on Ilia Topuria if you fancy the small upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 60% chance of Volkanovski winning while giving Topuria a 40% chance.
Volkanovski opened as the favourite at 8/13 (-160) however, that price has now got wider by -19/20 (+110).
Topuria opened at 13/10 (+130).
The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 145 pounds (10.15 stones or 65.91 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
This contest is for the UFC featherweight championship.
Full UFC 298 Odds
Alexander Volkanovski is currently 4/7 (-180) to beat Ilia Topuria, while Topuria is currently 13/10 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Volkanovski vs Topuria Head To Head
Alexander Volkanovski steps into the octagon with a record of 26 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 13 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 3 by submission.
Ilia Topuria will make his way to the cage with an unblemished record of 14 wins and 0 draws, with 4 of those by knock out and 8 by submission.
The stats suggest Volkanovski has a large advantage in power over Topuria, boasting at 50% knock out percentage over Topuria's 29%.
Alexander Volkanovski is the older man by 9 years, at 35 years old.
Topuria has a height advantage of 1 inch over Volkanovski. Despite this, he has 3-inch reach advantage.
Volkanovski is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 15 more fights, and made his debut in 2012, 2 years and 10 months earlier than Topuria, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 57 more professional rounds, 80 to Topuria's 23.
Volkanovski vs Topuria betting form
Volkanovski has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going to the judges once.
In his last fight, he lost to Islam Makhachev at UFC 294 on 21st October 2023 by knockout in the 1st round in their UFC Lightweight championship fight at Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Previous to that, he had defeated Yair Rodriguez at UFC 290 on 8th July 2023 by knockout in the 3rd round in their UFC Featherweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.
Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Islam Makhachev at UFC 284 on 11th February 2023 by unanimous decision in their UFC Lightweight championship fight at RAC Arena, Perth, Western Australia.
Before that, he had beat Max Holloway at UFC 276 on 2nd July 2022 by unanimous decision in their UFC Featherweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.
He had won against Chan Sung Jung at UFC 273 on 9th April 2022 by knockout in the 4th round in their UFC Featherweight championship fight at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville.
Topuria remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he beat Josh Emmett at UFC Fight Night – Emmett vs. Topuria on 24th June 2023 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at : VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, United States.
Previous to that, he had beat Bryce Mitchell at UFC 282 on 10th December 2022 by submission in the 2nd round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.
Going into that contest, he had defeated Jai Herbert at UFC Fight Night London on 19th March 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round at 02 Arena, London, United Kingdom.
Before that, he had won against Ryan Hall at UFC 264 on 10th July 2021 by knockout in the 1st round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.
He had defeated Youssef Zalal at UFC Fight Island 5 on 10th October 2020 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC Fight Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Who's been more active?
In terms of recent activity, Alexander Volkanovski has been fighting more than Ilia Topuria.
Alexander Volkanovski last fought 1 month and 12 days ago, while Ilia Topuria's last outing was 5 months and 9 days ago.
Volkanovski's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 7 months and 24 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 4 months. In those fights, he fought a total of 18 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3.6 rounds on average.
Topuria's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 1 month and 23 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 17 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 13 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.6 rounds on average.
|Fight||Fight Date||Fighter 1||Fighter 1 Winning Odds||Fighter 2||Fighter 2 Winning Odds|
|Volkanovski vs Topuria||Saturday, 17 February 2024||Alexander Volkanovski||4/7(-180)||Ilia Topuria||13/10(+130)|