Dec 17 2022
Saturday

UFC Apex, Las Vegas, United States

5 rounds contest
@ Middleweight
15-6-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

25-4-0

Contest odds

Cannonier 4/5 (-130)
Strickland 10/11 (-110)

Chance of winning

51.48% 48.52%

The tape

38
Age
31
5' 11" / 180 cm
Height
6' 1" / 185 cm
77.6" / 197 cm
Reach
76" / 193 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 5KO 2UD 5UD 3KO 2
Form
KO 1SD 5UD 5UD 3KO 2
15
Wins
25
10
By KO
10
67
KO%
40
6
Losses
4
2
Stopped
2
0
Draws
0
2011
Debut
2008
47
Pro rounds
67

Current rankings @ Middleweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland betting preview

Bookmakers made Jared Cannonier a slight favourite against Sean Strickland when they face off in their fight on Saturday 17th December 2022 at UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland.

He is currently 4/5 (-130) to win the fight outright, while you can get 10/11 (-110) on Sean Strickland if you fancy the slight upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 52% chance of Cannonier winning while giving Strickland a 48% chance.

Cannonier opened as the favourite at 10/11 (-110) however, that price has now got wider by 89/-100 (+110).

Strickland opened at 10/11 (-110).

The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Middleweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 185 pounds (12.95 stones or 84.09 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Full UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland Odds

Main Events

Jared Cannonier is currently 4/5 (-130) to beat Sean Strickland, while Strickland is currently 10/11 (-110) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Arman Tsarukyan is made a favourite at 4/7 (-180) to come out the victor in a fight against Damir Ismagulov, while Ismagulov is currently 5/4 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Main Card

Micha Oleksiejczuk sits at 8/13 (-160) to win against Albert Duraev, while Duraev is currently 6/5 (+120) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Julian Erosa is marked at 8/15 (-190) to be victorious against Alex Caceres, while Caceres is currently 7/5 (+140) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Drew Dober is currently 8/13 (-160) to defeat Bobby Green, while Green is currently 6/5 (+120) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Prelims

Julian Marquez is made a favourite at 8/13 (-160) to beat Deron Winn, while Winn is currently 6/5 (+120) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Sergey Morozov sits at 4/11 (-280) to come out the victor in a fight against Journey Newson, while Newson is currently 2/1 (+200) to win if you fancy the upset.

Michael Morales is marked at 8/11 (-140) to win against Rinat Fakhretdinov, while Fakhretdinov is currently 21/20 (+100) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Rafa Garc a is currently 8/11 (-140) to be victorious against Maheshate, while Maheshate is currently 21/20 (+100) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Saidyokub Kakhramonov is made a favourite at 5/6 (-120) to defeat Said Nurmagomedov, while Nurmagomedov is currently 10/11 (-110) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Manel Kape sits at 1/2 (-200) to beat David Dvorak, while Dvorak is currently 6/4 (+150) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Jake Matthews is marked at 2/5 (-250) to come out the victor in a fight against Matt Semelsberger, while Semelsberger is currently 7/4 (+180) to win if you fancy the upset.

Cannonier vs Strickland Head To Head

Jared Cannonier steps into the octagon with a record of 15 wins, 6 loses and 0 draws, 10 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 2 by submission.

Sean Strickland will make his way to the cage with a record of 25 wins, 4 loses and 0 draws, with 10 of those wins by knock out and 4 by submission.

The stats suggest Cannonier has a large advantage in power over Strickland, boasting at 67% knock out percentage over Strickland's 40%.

Jared Cannonier is the older man by 7 years, at 38 years old.

Strickland has a height advantage of 2 inches over Cannonier. Despite this, he has 2-inch reach advantage.

Cannonier is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 8 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2011, 3 year and 2 months later than Strickland, whose first professional fight was in 2008. He has fought 20 less professional rounds, 47 to Strickland's 67.

Cannonier vs Strickland betting form

Cannonier has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going to the judges once.

In his last fight, he lost to Israel Adesanya at UFC 276 on 2nd July 2022 by unanimous decision in their UFC Middleweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he had defeated Derek Brunson at UFC 271 on 12th February 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round at Toyota Center, Houston.

Going into that contest, he had beat Kelvin Gastelum at UFC Vegas 34 on 21st August 2021 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Enterprise.

Before that, he had been beaten by Robert Whittaker at UFC 254 on 24th October 2020 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC Fight Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

He had won against Jack Hermansson at UFC on ESPN+ 18 on 28th September 2019 by knockout in the 2nd round at Royal Arena, Copenhagen, Denmark.

Strickland has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance 3 times.

In his last fight, he Alex Pereira at UFC 276 on 2nd July 2022 by knockout in the 1st round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he had beat Jack Hermansson at UFC Fight Night on 5th February 2022 by split decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Uriah Hall at UFC Vegas 33 on 31st July 2021 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Before that, he had won against Krzysztof Jotko at UFC Vegas 25 on 1st May 2021 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest.

He had defeated Brendan Allen at UFC Vegas 14 on 14th November 2020 by knockout in the 2nd round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Who's been more active?

In terms of recent activity, Sean Strickland has been fighting more than Jared Cannonier.

Jared Cannonier last fought 4 months and 29 days ago, while Sean Strickland's last outing was 4 months and 29 days ago.

Cannonier's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 2 months and 3 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 20 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 17 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3.4 rounds on average.

Strickland's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 17 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 4 months and 29 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 16 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3.2 rounds on average.

Cannonier vs Strickland Odds History

All Betting Markets

United States flag
United States flag
5 rounds @ Middleweight
Winner
Main Card
Winner
Russian Federation flag
Poland flag
Albert Duraev
Duraev
vs
Oleksiejczuk
Micha Oleksiejczuk
3 rounds @ Middleweight
Winner
Winner
Winner

All UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland odds

UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Cannonier vs StricklandSaturday, 17 December 2022Jared Cannonier4/5(-130)Sean Strickland10/11(-110)
Tsarukyan vs IsmagulovSaturday, 17 December 2022Arman Tsarukyan4/7(-180)Damir Ismagulov5/4(+130)
Duraev vs OleksiejczukSaturday, 17 December 2022Albert Duraev6/5(+120)Micha Oleksiejczuk8/13(-160)
Caceres vs ErosaSaturday, 17 December 2022Alex Caceres7/5(+140)Julian Erosa8/15(-190)
Dober vs GreenSaturday, 17 December 2022Drew Dober8/13(-160)Bobby Green6/5(+120)