Jan 14 2023
Saturday

in the United States

5 rounds contest
@ Middleweight
16-8-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

12-3-0

Contest odds

Gastelum 7/4 (+180)
Imavov 2/5 (-250)

Chance of winning

33.73% 66.27%

The tape

31
Age
26
5' 9" / 175 cm
Height
6' 3" / 191 cm
71.7" / 182 cm
Reach
75.6" / 192 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 5UD 5UD 3SUB 1SD 3
Form
UD 3KO 2KO 2MD 3
16
Wins
12
6
By KO
5
38
KO%
42
8
Losses
3
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2010
Debut
2016
66
Pro rounds
27

Current rankings @ Middleweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC Fight Night: Gastelum vs. Imavov betting preview

Bookmakers made Nassourdine Imavov a strong favourite against Kelvin Gastelum when they meet in their bout on Saturday 14th January 2023 at UFC Fight Night: Gastelum vs. Imavov.

He is currently 2/5 (-250) to win the bout outright, while you can get 7/4 (+180) on Kelvin Gastelum if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 67% chance of Imavov winning while giving Gastelum a 33% chance.

Imavov opened as the favourite at 2/5 (-250).

Gastelum opened at 7/4 (+180).

The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Middleweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 185 pounds (12.95 stones or 84.09 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Full UFC Fight Night: Gastelum vs. Imavov Odds

Main Events

Nassourdine Imavov is currently 2/5 (-250) to beat Kelvin Gastelum, while Gastelum is currently 7/4 (+180) to win if you fancy the upset.

Main Card

Shavkat Rakhmonov is made a favourite at 2/7 (-340) to come out the victor in a fight against Geoff Neal, while Neal is currently 5/2 (+250) to win if you fancy the upset.

Gastelum vs Imavov Head To Head

Kelvin Gastelum steps into the octagon with a record of 16 wins, 8 loses and 0 draws, 6 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 4 by submission.

Nassourdine Imavov will make his way to the cage with a record of 12 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, with 5 of those wins by knock out and 4 by submission.

The stats suggest Imavov has a slight advantage in power over Gastelum, with a 42% knock out percentage over Gastelum's 38%.

Kelvin Gastelum is the older man by 5 years, at 31 years old.

Imavov has a height advantage of 6 inches over Gastelum. This also extends to a 4-inch reach advantage.

Gastelum is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 9 more fights, and made his debut in 2010, 5 years and 1 month earlier than Imavov, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 39 more professional rounds, 66 to Imavov's 27.

Gastelum vs Imavov betting form

Kelvin Gastelum has beaten 1 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he lost to Jared Cannonier at UFC Vegas 34 on 21st August 2021 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Enterprise, United States.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Robert Whittaker at UFC Vegas 24 on 17th April 2021 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Going into that contest, he had won against Ian Heinisch at UFC 258 on 13th February 2021 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Before that, he had lost to Jack Hermansson at UFC Fight Island 2 on 18th July 2020 by unanimous decision in the 1st round at UFC Fight Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

He had been beaten by Darren Till at UFC 244 on 2nd November 2019 by split decision in their 3 round contest at Madison Square Garden, New York City, United States.

Who's been more active?

Gastelum's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years and 28 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 12 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 17 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3.4 rounds on average.

Imavov's last 4 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 9 months and 10 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 11 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 10 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.5 rounds on average.

Gastelum vs Imavov Odds History

All Betting Markets

United States flag
France flag
5 rounds @ Middleweight
Winner
Main Card
Winner

All UFC Fight Night: Gastelum vs. Imavov odds

UFC Fight Night: Gastelum vs. Imavov Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Gastelum vs ImavovSaturday, 14 January 2023Kelvin Gastelum7/4(+180)Nassourdine Imavov2/5(-250)
Neal vs RakhmonovSaturday, 14 January 2023Geoff Neal5/2(+250)Shavkat Rakhmonov2/7(-340)