: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, United States
broadcast start time:
US - N/A / UK - N/A
Chance of winning
UFC Fight Night – Emmett vs. Topuria betting preview
Bookmakers made Ilia Topuria a strong favourite against Josh Emmett when they meet in their bout on Saturday 24th June 2023 at UFC Fight Night – Emmett vs. Topuria.
He is currently 3/10 (-330) to win the bout outright, while you can get 12/5 (+240) on Josh Emmett if you fancy the upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 73% chance of Topuria winning while giving Emmett a 27% chance.
Topuria opened as the favourite at 3/10 (-330).
Emmett opened at 5/2 (+250) which has got wider by -9/10 (+110).
The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Featherweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 145 pounds (10.15 stones or 65.91 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
Full UFC Fight Night – Emmett vs. Topuria Odds
Ilia Topuria is currently 3/10 (-330) to beat Josh Emmett, while Emmett is currently 12/5 (+240) to win if you fancy the upset.
Emmett vs Topuria Head To Head
Josh Emmett steps into the octagon with a record of 18 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 6 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 2 by submission.
Ilia Topuria will make his way to the cage with an unblemished record of 12 wins and 0 draws, with 4 of those by knock out and 7 by submission.
The stats suggest that Emmett and Topuria have similar power, both with a 33% knock out percentage.
Josh Emmett is the older man by 12 years, at 38 years old.
Topuria has a height advantage of 1 inch over Emmett. Despite this, he has 1-inch reach advantage.
Emmett is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 9 more fights, and made his debut in 2011, 3 years and 5 months earlier than Topuria, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 37 more professional rounds, 53 to Topuria's 16.
Emmett vs Topuria betting form
Emmett has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going to the judges 3 times.
In his last fight, he lost to Yair Rodriguez at UFC 284 on 11th February 2023 by in the 2nd round in their UFC Interim Featherweight championship fight at RAC Arena, Perth, Western Australia.
Previous to that, he had beat Calvin Kattar at UFC Fight Night: Kattar vs. Emmett on 18th June 2022 by split decision in their 5 round contest at Moody Center, Austin, United States.
Going into that contest, he had won against Dan Ige at UFC 269 on 11th December 2021 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.
Before that, he had beat Shane Burgos at UFC Vegas 3 on 20th June 2020 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.
He had defeated Mirsad Bekti at UFC on ESPN+ 13 on 13th July 2019 by knockout in the 1st round at Golden1 Center, Sacramento.
Topuria remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he won against Bryce Mitchell at UFC 282 on 10th December 2022 by submission in the 2nd round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.
Previous to that, he had won against Jai Herbert at UFC Fight Night London on 19th March 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round at 02 Arena, London, United Kingdom.
Going into that contest, he had defeated Ryan Hall at UFC 264 on 10th July 2021 by knockout in the 1st round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.
Before that, he had beat Youssef Zalal at UFC Fight Island 5 on 10th October 2020 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC Fight Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
He had won against Brian Bouland at Cage Warriors 94 on 16th June 2018 by submission in the 1st round in their championship fight at Lotto Arena, Antwerp, Belgium.
Who's been more active?
In terms of recent activity, Josh Emmett has been fighting more than Ilia Topuria.
Josh Emmett last fought 3 months and 27 days ago, while Ilia Topuria's last outing was 5 months and 28 days ago.
Emmett's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 10 months and 25 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 12 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 14 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.8 rounds on average.
Topuria's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 11 months and 22 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 11 months and 29 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 9 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 1.8 rounds on average.
Emmett vs Topuria Odds History
All Betting Markets
All UFC Fight Night – Emmett vs. Topuria odds
|Fight||Fight Date||Fighter 1||Fighter 1 Winning Odds||Fighter 2||Fighter 2 Winning Odds|
|Emmett vs Topuria||Saturday, 24 June 2023||Josh Emmett||12/5(+240)||Ilia Topuria||3/10(-330)|