broadcast start time:
US - N/A / UK - N/A
Chance of winning
Bookmakers made Grant Dawson a big favourite against Bobby Green when they square off in their contest on Saturday 7th October 2023 at UFC Fight Night – Green vs Dawson.
He is currently 1/4 (-400) to win the contest outright, while you can get 29/10 (+290) on Bobby Green if you fancy the big upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 76% chance of Dawson winning while giving Green a 24% chance.
Dawson opened as the favourite at 1/4 (-400).
Green opened at 3/1 (+300) which has got wider by -9/10 (+110).
The fight is scheduled for 3 rounds in the Lightweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 155 pounds (10.85 stones or 70.45 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
Full UFC Fight Night – Green vs Dawson Odds
Grant Dawson is currently 1/4 (-400) to beat Bobby Green, while Green is currently 29/10 (+290) to win if you fancy the big upset.
Joseph Pyfer is made a favourite at 7/25 (-360) to come out the victor in a fight against Abdul Razak Alhassan, while Alhassan is currently 27/10 (+270) to win if you fancy the upset.
Joaquin Buckley sits at 11/20 (-180) to win against Alex Morono, while Morono is currently 29/20 (+150) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Drew Dober is marked at 6/25 (-420) to be victorious against Rick Glenn, while Glenn is currently 3/1 (+300) to win if you fancy the big upset.
Ion Cutelaba is currently 7/10 (-140) to defeat Philipe Lins, while Lins is currently 23/20 (+110) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Bill Algeo is made a favourite at 4/6 (-150) to beat Alexander Hernandez, while Hernandez is currently 6/5 (+120) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Karolina Kowalkiewicz sits at 11/20 (-180) to come out the victor in a fight against Diana Belbita, while Belbita is currently 7/5 (+140) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Montel Jackson is marked at 12/25 (-210) to win against Chris Gutierrez, while Gutierrez is currently 13/8 (+160) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Kanako Murata is currently 2/7 (-340) to be victorious against Vanessa Demopoulos, while Demopoulos is currently 13/5 (+260) to win if you fancy the upset.
Mateus Mendonca is made a favourite at 4/11 (-280) to defeat Nate Maness, while Maness is currently 2/1 (+200) to win if you fancy the upset.
JJ Aldrich sits at 8/11 (-140) to beat Montana De La Rosa, while Rosa is currently 11/10 (+110) to win if you fancy the slight upset.
Dawson vs Green Head To Head
Grant Dawson steps into the octagon with a record of 20 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw, 4 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 13 by submission.
Bobby Green will make his way to the cage with a record of 30 wins, 14 loses and 1 draw, with 10 of those wins by knock out and 9 by submission.
The stats suggest Green has an advantage in power over Dawson, with a 33% knock out percentage over Dawson's 20%.
Grant Dawson is the younger man by 8 years, at 29 years old.
Dawson has 1-inch reach advantage.
Dawson is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 23 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2014, 6 year and 7 months later than Green, whose first professional fight was in 2008. He has fought 61 less professional rounds, 43 to Green's 104.
Dawson vs Green betting form
Grant Dawson has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he defeated Damir Ismagulov at UFC Fight Night – Strickland vs. Magomedov on 1st July 2023 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC Apex, Las Vegas, United States.
Previous to that, he had defeated Mark O Madsen at UFC Fight Night: Mitchell vs. Evloev on 5th November 2022 by unanimous decision in the 3rd round at UFC Apex, Las Vegas.
Going into that contest, he had beat Jared Gordon at UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Vera on 30th April 2022 by unanimous decision in the 3rd round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.
Before that, he had drawn with Rick Glenn at UFC Vegas 41 on 23rd October 2021 by majority draw in their 3 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.
He had won against Darrick Minner at UFC on ESPN+ 27 on 29th February 2020 by majority draw in the 2nd round at Chartway Arena, Norfolk.
Bobby Green has beaten 2 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he beat Tony Ferguson at UFC 291 on 29th July 2023 by submission in the 3rd round at Vivint Arena, Salt Lake City, United States.
Previous to that, he beat Jared Gordon at UFC Fight Night – Pavlovich vs. Blaydes on 22nd April 2023 by submission in the 1st round at UFC Apex, Las Vegas.
Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Drew Dober at UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland on 17th December 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round at UFC Apex, Las Vegas.
Before that, he had lost to Islam Makhachev at UFC Fight Night on 26th February 2022 by knockout in the 1st round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.
He had beat Nasrat Haqparast at UFC 271 on 12th February 2022 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at Toyota Center, Houston.
Who's been more active?
In terms of recent activity, Bobby Green has been fighting more than Grant Dawson.
Grant Dawson last fought 2 months and 27 days ago, while Bobby Green's last outing was 1 month and 30 days ago.
Dawson's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 6 months and 30 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 18 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 14 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.8 rounds on average.
Green's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 7 months and 16 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 3 months and 28 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 10 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2 rounds on average.
|Fight||Fight Date||Fighter 1||Fighter 1 Winning Odds||Fighter 2||Fighter 2 Winning Odds|
|Dawson vs Green||Saturday, 7 October 2023||Grant Dawson||1/4(-400)||Bobby Green||29/10(+290)|
|Pyfer vs Alhassan||Saturday, 7 October 2023||Joseph Pyfer||7/25(-360)||Abdul Razak Alhassan||27/10(+270)|
|Morono vs Buckley||Saturday, 7 October 2023||Alex Morono||29/20(+150)||Joaquin Buckley||11/20(-180)|
|Dober vs Glenn||Saturday, 7 October 2023||Drew Dober||6/25(-420)||Rick Glenn||3/1(+300)|
|Lins vs Cutelaba||Saturday, 7 October 2023||Philipe Lins||23/20(+110)||Ion Cutelaba||7/10(-140)|
|Algeo vs Hernandez||Saturday, 7 October 2023||Bill Algeo||4/6(-150)||Alexander Hernandez||6/5(+120)|