AT&T Center, San Antonio, United States
broadcast start time:
US - N/A / UK - N/A
Chance of winning
UFC Fight Night San Antonio betting preview
Bookmakers made Cory Sandhagen a favourite against Marlon Vera when they square off in their contest on Saturday 25th March 2023 at UFC Fight Night San Antonio.
He is currently 4/7 (-180) to win the contest outright, while you can get 11/8 (+140) on Marlon Vera if you fancy the small upset.
That means that oddsmakers think there is 61% chance of Sandhagen winning while giving Vera a 39% chance.
Sandhagen opened as the favourite at 29/50 (-170).
Vera opened at 7/5 (+140).
The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 135 pounds (9.45 stones or 61.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.
Full UFC Fight Night San Antonio Odds
Cory Sandhagen is currently 4/7 (-180) to beat Marlon Vera, while Vera is currently 11/8 (+140) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Holly Holm is made a favourite at 2/5 (-250) to come out the victor in a fight against Yana Kunitskaya, while Kunitskaya is currently 19/10 (+190) to win if you fancy the upset.
Nate Landwehr sits at 4/9 (-230) to win against Austin Lingo, while Lingo is currently 7/4 (+180) to win if you fancy the upset.
Maycee Barber is marked at 4/11 (-280) to be victorious against Andrea Lee, while Lee is currently 21/10 (+210) to win if you fancy the upset.
Manel Kape is currently 11/20 (-180) to defeat Alex Perez, while Perez is currently 7/5 (+140) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Chidi Njokuani is made a favourite at 13/20 (-150) to beat Albert Duraev, while Duraev is currently 6/5 (+120) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Tucker Lutz sits at 1/3 (-300) to come out the victor in a fight against Daniel Pineda, while Pineda is currently 9/4 (+230) to win if you fancy the upset.
Steven Peterson is marked at 16/25 (-160) to win against Lucas Alexander, while Alexander is currently 5/4 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Trevin Giles is currently 17/20 (-120) to be victorious against Preston Parsons, while Parsons is currently 23/25 (-110) to win if you fancy the slight upset.
C.J. Vergara is made a favourite at 2/5 (-250) to defeat Daniel Lacerda, while Lacerda is currently 2/1 (+200) to win if you fancy the upset.
Manuel Torres sits at 4/6 (-150) to beat Trey Ogden, while Ogden is currently 59/50 (+120) to win if you fancy the small upset.
Vinicius Salvador is marked at 17/20 (-120) to come out the victor in a fight against Victor Altamirano, while Altamirano is currently 23/25 (-110) to win if you fancy the slight upset.
Hailey Cowan is currently 4/5 (-130) to win against Tamires Vidal, while Vidal is currently 1/1 (+100) to win if you fancy the slight upset.
Vera vs Sandhagen Head To Head
Marlon Vera steps into the octagon with a record of 20 wins, 7 loses and 1 draw, 8 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 8 by submission.
Cory Sandhagen will make his way to the cage with a record of 15 wins, 4 loses and 0 draws, with 7 of those wins by knock out and 3 by submission.
The stats suggest Sandhagen has a slight advantage in power over Vera, with a 47% knock out percentage over Vera's 40%.
Vera is currently 19/5 (+380) to get the knockout, while Sandhagen is 21/4 (+530).
Marlon Vera is the same age as Cory Sandhagen, at 30 years old.
Sandhagen has a height advantage of 3 inches over Vera. Despite this, both fighters have equal reach.
Vera is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 9 more fights, and made his debut in 2011, 3 years and 11 months earlier than Sandhagen, whose first professional fight was in 2015. He has fought 23 more professional rounds, 68 to Sandhagen's 45.
If you think Sandhagen will win on points, you can get odds of 27/20 (+140).
Vera vs Sandhagen betting form
Vera has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going to the judges twice.
In his last fight, he won against Dominick Cruz at UFC Fight Night: Vera vs. Cruz on 13th August 2022 by knockout in the 4th round at Pechanga Arena, San Diego, United States.
Previous to that, he had won against Rob Font at UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Vera on 30th April 2022 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.
Going into that contest, he had beat Frankie Edgar at UFC 268 on 6th November 2021 by knockout in the 3rd round at Madison Square Garden, New York City.
Before that, he had defeated Davey Grant at UFC Vegas 29 on 19th June 2021 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest.
He had been beaten by Jose Aldo at UFC Vegas 17 on 19th December 2020 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.
Cory Sandhagen has stopped 3 of his last 5 opponents.
In his last fight, he won against Yadong Song at UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Song on 17th September 2022 by knockout in the 4th round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.
Previous to that, he had lost to Petr Yan at UFC 267 on 30th October 2021 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest.
Going into that contest, he had been beaten by T.J. Dillashaw at UFC Vegas 32 on 24th July 2021 by split decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.
Before that, he had won against Frankie Edgar at UFC Vegas 18 on 6th February 2021 by knockout in the 1st round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.
He had defeated Marlon Moraes at UFC Fight Island 5 on 10th October 2020 by knockout in the 2nd round at UFC Fight Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Who's been more active?
In terms of recent activity, Marlon Vera has been fighting more than Cory Sandhagen.
Marlon Vera last fought 7 months and 9 days ago, while Cory Sandhagen's last outing was 6 months and 5 days ago.
Vera's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 3 months and 3 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 13 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 18 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3.6 rounds on average.
Sandhagen's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 5 months and 12 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 27 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 17 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3.4 rounds on average.
Vera vs Sandhagen Odds History
All Betting Markets
Total rounds 0.5
Total rounds 1.5
Total rounds 2.5
Total rounds 3.5
Total rounds 4.5
Total rounds Rounds
All UFC Fight Night San Antonio odds
|Fight||Fight Date||Fighter 1||Fighter 1 Winning Odds||Fighter 2||Fighter 2 Winning Odds|
|Vera vs Sandhagen||Saturday, 25 March 2023||Marlon Vera||11/8(+140)||Cory Sandhagen||4/7(-180)|
|Holm vs Kunitskaya||Saturday, 25 March 2023||Holly Holm||2/5(-250)||Yana Kunitskaya||19/10(+190)|
|Landwehr vs Lingo||Saturday, 25 March 2023||Nate Landwehr||4/9(-230)||Austin Lingo||7/4(+180)|
|Lee vs Barber||Saturday, 25 March 2023||Andrea Lee||21/10(+210)||Maycee Barber||4/11(-280)|
|Perez vs Kape||Saturday, 25 March 2023||Alex Perez||7/5(+140)||Manel Kape||11/20(-180)|
|Njokuani vs Duraev||Saturday, 25 March 2023||Chidi Njokuani||13/20(-150)||Albert Duraev||6/5(+120)|