Jul 27 2024
Saturday

Co-op Live Arena, Manchester, United Kingdom

5 rounds contest
@ Welterweight
22-3-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

UK - N/A / US - N/A

23-3-0

Contest odds

Edwards 12/25 (-210)
Muhammad 13/8 (+160)

Chance of winning

63.99% 36.01%

The tape

32
Age
35
6' 2" / 188 cm
Height
5' 11" / 180 cm
74" / 188 cm
Reach
70.9" / 180 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 5MD 5KO 5UD 5NC 2
Form
UD 5KO 2UD 5UD 3UD 3
22
Wins
23
7
By KO
5
32
KO%
22
3
Losses
3
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2011
Debut
2012
77
Pro rounds
79

Current rankings @ Welterweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC 304 – Manchester betting preview

Bookmakers made Leon Edwards a favourite against Belal Muhammad when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 27th July 2024 at UFC 304 – Manchester.

He is currently 12/25 (-210) to win the clash outright, while you can get 13/8 (+160) on Belal Muhammad if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 64% chance of Edwards winning while giving Muhammad a 36% chance.

Edwards opened as the favourite at 11/25 (-230) however, that price has shortened by 26/-25 (+100).

Muhammad opened at 187/100 (+190) which has got wider by 19/-25 (+130).

The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Welterweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 170 pounds (11.9 stones or 77.27 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the UFC Welterweight championship.

Full UFC 304 – Manchester Odds

Main Event

Leon Edwards is currently 12/25 (-210) to beat Belal Muhammad, while Muhammad is currently 13/8 (+160) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Tom Aspinall is made a favourite at 2/5 (-250) to come out the victor in a fight against Curtis Blaydes, while Blaydes is currently 39/20 (+200) to win if you fancy the upset.

Main Card

Arnold Allen sits at 21/50 (-240) to win against Giga Chikadze, while Chikadze is currently 17/10 (+170) to win if you fancy the upset.

Manel Kape is marked at 10/13 (-130) to be victorious against Muhammad Mokaev, while Mokaev is currently 19/20 (-110) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Bobby Green is currently 1/2 (-200) to defeat Paddy Pimblett, while Pimblett is currently 6/4 (+150) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Edwards vs Muhammad Head To Head

Leon Edwards steps into the octagon with a record of 22 wins, 3 losses and 0 draws, 7 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 3 by submission.

Belal Muhammad will make his way to the cage with a record of 23 wins, 3 losses and 0 draws, 5 of those wins coming by knock out and 1 by submission.

The stats suggest Edwards has a slight advantage in power over Muhammad, with a 32% knock out percentage over Muhammad's 22%.

Leon Edwards is the younger man by 3 years, at 32 years old.

Edwards has a height advantage of 3 inches over Muhammad. This also extends to a 3-inch reach advantage.

Edwards is arguably the less experienced fighter, having had 1 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2011, 1 year and 2 months earlier than Muhammad, whose first professional fight was in 2012. He has fought 2 less professional rounds, 77 to Muhammad's 79.

Edwards vs Muhammad betting form

Edwards has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going to the judges 3 times.

In his last fight, he won against Colby Covington at UFC 296 on 16th December 2023 by unanimous decision in their UFC Welterweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he had beaten Kamaru Usman at UFC 286 on 18th March 2023 by majority decision in their UFC Welterweight championship fight at o2 Arena, London, United Kingdom.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Kamaru Usman at UFC 278 on 20th August 2022 by knockout in the 5th round in their UFC Welterweight championship fight at Vivint Arena, Salt Lake City, United States.

Before that, he was victorious against Nate Diaz at UFC 263 on 12th June 2021 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at Gila River Arena, Glendale.

His fight against Belal Muhammad at UFC Vegas 21 on 13th March 2021 ended in a no contest.

Muhammad has won all 5 of his most recent fights, stopping 1opponent and going the distance 4 times.

In his last fight, he beat Gilbert Burns at UFC 288 on 6th May 2023 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at Prudential Center, Newark, United States.

Previous to that, he had beaten Sean Brady at UFC 280 on 22nd October 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round at Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Vicente Luque at UFC Fight Night: Luque vs. Muhammad 2 on 16th April 2022 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.

Before that, he was victorious against Stephen Thompson at UFC Fight Night on 18th December 2021 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest.

He had won against Demian Maia at UFC 263 on 12th June 2021 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at Gila River Arena, Glendale, United States.

Who's been more active?

In terms of recent activity, Belal Muhammad has been fighting more than Leon Edwards.

Leon Edwards last fought 5 months and 28 days ago, while Belal Muhammad's last outing was 1 year, 1 month and 7 days ago.

Edwards' last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years and 3 months, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 25 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 22 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4.4 rounds on average.

Muhammad's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years and 1 day, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 7 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 18 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3.6 rounds on average.

Edwards vs Muhammad Odds History

All Betting Markets

All UFC 304 – Manchester odds

UFC 304 – Manchester Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Edwards vs MuhammadSaturday, 27 July 2024Leon Edwards12/25(-210)Belal Muhammad13/8(+160)
Aspinall vs BlaydesSaturday, 27 July 2024Tom Aspinall2/5(-250)Curtis Blaydes39/20(+200)
Allen vs ChikadzeSaturday, 27 July 2024Arnold Allen21/50(-240)Giga Chikadze17/10(+170)
Mokaev vs KapeSaturday, 27 July 2024Muhammad Mokaev19/20(-110)Manel Kape10/13(-130)
Green vs PimblettSaturday, 27 July 2024Bobby Green1/2(-200)Paddy Pimblett6/4(+150)