Aug 03 2024
Saturday

Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

5 rounds contest
@ Bantamweight
17-4-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

17-0-0

Contest odds

Sandhagen 43/20 (+220)
Nurmagomedov 7/20 (-290)

Chance of winning

30% 70%

The tape

32
Age
28
5' 11" / 180 cm
Height
5' 8" / 172 cm
70.1" / 178 cm
Reach
68.9" / 175 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 5SD 5KO 4UD 5SD 5
Form
UD 3KO 1UD 3SUB 1UD 3
17
Wins
17
7
By KO
2
41
KO%
12
4
Losses
0
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2015
Debut
2016
55
Pro rounds
37

Current rankings @ Bantamweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Nurmagomedov betting preview

Bookmakers made Umar Nurmagomedov a strong favourite against Cory Sandhagen when they square off in their contest on Saturday 3rd August 2024 at UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Nurmagomedov.

He is currently 7/20 (-290) to win the contest outright, while you can get 43/20 (+220) on Cory Sandhagen if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 70% chance of Nurmagomedov winning while giving Sandhagen a 30% chance.

Nurmagomedov opened as the favourite at 9/25 (-280).

Sandhagen opened at 9/4 (+230) which has got wider by -9/10 (+110).

The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 135 pounds (9.45 stones or 61.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Full UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Nurmagomedov Odds

Main Event

Umar Nurmagomedov is currently 7/20 (-290) to beat Cory Sandhagen, while Sandhagen is currently 43/20 (+220) to win if you fancy the upset.

Main Card

Lupita Godinez is made a favourite at 4/6 (-150) to come out the victor in a fight against Mackenzie Dern, while Dern is currently 6/5 (+120) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Sandhagen vs Nurmagomedov Head To Head

Cory Sandhagen steps into the octagon with a record of 17 wins, 4 losses and 0 draws, 7 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 3 by submission.

Umar Nurmagomedov will make his way to the cage with an unblemished record of 17 wins, 0 losses, and 0 draws, 2 of those wins coming by knock out and 7 by submission.

The stats suggest Sandhagen has a large advantage in power over Nurmagomedov, boasting a 41% knock out percentage over Nurmagomedov's 12%.

Cory Sandhagen is the older man by 4 years, at 32 years old.

Sandhagen has a height advantage of 3 inches over Nurmagomedov. This also extends to a 1-inch reach advantage.

Sandhagen is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 4 more fights, and made his debut in 2015, 1 year and 6 months earlier than Nurmagomedov, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 18 more professional rounds, 55 to Nurmagomedov's 37.

Sandhagen vs Nurmagomedov betting form

Sandhagen has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going to the judges twice.

In his last fight, he won against Rob Font at UFC Fight Night – Sandhagen vs. Font on 5th August 2023 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, United States.

Previous to that, he had beaten Marlon Vera at UFC Fight Night San Antonio on 25th March 2023 by split decision in their 5 round contest at AT&T Center, San Antonio.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Yadong Song at UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Song on 17th September 2022 by knockout in the 4th round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Before that, he had lost to Petr Yan at UFC 267 on 30th October 2021 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest.

He had been beaten by T.J. Dillashaw at UFC Vegas 32 on 24th July 2021 by split decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.

Nurmagomedov remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 1 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Bekzat Almakhan at UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs. Gaziev on 2nd March 2024 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC Apex, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he had won against Raoni Barcelos at UFC Fight Night: Gastelum vs. Imavov on 14th January 2023 by knockout in the 1st round.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Nate Maness at UFC Fight Night: Tsarukyan vs. Gamrot on 25th June 2022 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Before that, he had defeated Brian Kelleher at UFC 272 on 5th March 2022 by submission in the 1st round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.

He was victorious against Sidemar Honorio at PFL 2019 #6 on 8th August 2019 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at Ocean Casino Resort, Atlantic City.

Who's been more active?

In terms of recent activity, Cory Sandhagen has been fighting more than Umar Nurmagomedov.

Cory Sandhagen last fought 10 months and 8 days ago, while Umar Nurmagomedov's last outing was 3 months and 11 days ago.

Sandhagen's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 10 months and 20 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 30 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 24 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4.8 rounds on average.

Nurmagomedov's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 10 months and 5 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 11 months and 20 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 11 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.2 rounds on average.

Sandhagen vs Nurmagomedov Odds History

All Betting Markets

All UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Nurmagomedov odds

UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Nurmagomedov Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Sandhagen vs NurmagomedovSaturday, 3 August 2024Cory Sandhagen43/20(+220)Umar Nurmagomedov7/20(-290)
Dern vs GodinezSaturday, 3 August 2024Mackenzie Dern6/5(+120)Lupita Godinez4/6(-150)