Mar 09 2024
Saturday

Kaseya Center, Miami, United States

5 rounds contest
@ Bantamweight
17-1-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

21-8-1

Contest odds

O'Malley 1/2 (-200)
Vera 13/8 (+160)

Chance of winning

63.68% 36.32%

The tape

29
Age
31
5' 11" / 180 cm
Height
5' 8" / 173 cm
72" / 183 cm
Reach
70.5" / 179 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 2SD 3NC 2KO 1KO 3
Form
UD 3SD 5KO 4UD 5KO 3
17
Wins
21
12
By KO
8
71
KO%
38
1
Losses
8
1
Stopped
0
0
Draws
1
2015
Debut
2011
34
Pro rounds
76

Current rankings @ Bantamweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC 299 betting preview

Bookmakers made Sean O’Malley a favourite against Marlon Vera when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 9th March 2024 at UFC 299.

He is currently 1/2 (-200) to win the clash outright, while you can get 13/8 (+160) on Marlon Vera if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 64% chance of O'Malley winning while giving Vera a 36% chance.

O'Malley opened as the favourite at 1/2 (-200).

Vera opened at 13/8 (+160).

The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Bantamweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 135 pounds (9.45 stones or 61.36 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the UFC bantamweight championship.

Full UFC 299 Odds

Main Events

Sean O’Malley is currently 1/2 (-200) to beat Marlon Vera, while Vera is currently 13/8 (+160) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Benoit Saint-Denis is made a favourite at 4/6 (-150) to come out the victor in a fight against Dustin Poirier, while Poirier is currently 5/4 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Main Card

Gilbert Burns sits at 22/25 (-110) to win against Jack Della Maddalena, while Maddalena is currently 10/11 (-110) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Petr Yan is marked at 7/10 (-140) to be victorious against Yadong Song, while Song is currently 57/50 (+110) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Kevin Holland is currently 3/4 (-130) to defeat Michael Page, while Page is currently 21/20 (+100) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Prelims

Kyler Phillips is made a favourite at 21/50 (-240) to beat Pedro Munhoz, while Munhoz is currently 37/20 (+190) to win if you fancy the upset.

Asu Almabaev sits at 1/4 (-400) to come out the victor in a fight against C.J. Vergara, while Vergara is currently 11/4 (+280) to win if you fancy the upset.

Maycee Barber is marked at 13/25 (-190) to win against Katlyn Chookagian, while Chookagian is currently 6/4 (+150) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Jailton Almeida is currently 17/20 (-120) to be victorious against Curtis Blaydes, while Blaydes is currently 23/25 (-110) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Mateusz Gamrot is made a favourite at 7/25 (-360) to defeat Rafael dos Anjos, while Anjos is currently 27/10 (+270) to win if you fancy the upset.

Michel Pereira sits at 3/5 (-170) to beat Michal Oleksiejczuk, while Oleksiejczuk is currently 5/4 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Robelis Despaigne is marked at 6/25 (-420) to come out the victor in a fight against Josh Parisian, while Parisian is currently 16/5 (+320) to win if you fancy the big upset.

Maryna Moroz is currently 4/7 (-180) to win against Joanne Calderwood, while Calderwood is currently 7/5 (+140) to win if you fancy the small upset.

O’Malley vs Vera II Head To Head

Sean O’Malley steps into the octagon with a record of 17 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, 12 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 1 by submission.

Marlon Vera will make his way to the cage with a record of 21 wins, 8 loses and 1 draw, with 8 of those wins by knock out and 8 by submission.

The stats suggest O'Malley has a massive power advantage over Vera, boasting at 71% knock out percentage over Vera's 38%.

Sean O’Malley is the younger man by 2 years, at 29 years old.

O'Malley has a height advantage of 3 inches over Vera. This also extends to a 2-inch reach advantage.

O'Malley is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 12 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2015, 3 year and 8 months later than Vera, whose first professional fight was in 2011. He has fought 42 less professional rounds, 34 to Vera's 76.

O’Malley vs Vera II betting form

O'Malley has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 3 of them, going to the judges once.

In his last fight, he beat Aljamain Sterling at UFC 292 on 19th August 2023 by knockout in the 2nd round in their UFC Bantamweight championship fight at TD Garden, Boston, United States.

Previous to that, he had beat Petr Yan at UFC 280 on 22nd October 2022 by split decision in their 3 round contest at Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Going into that contest, he had beat Pedro Munhoz at UFC 276 on 2nd July 2022 by split decision in the 2nd round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Before that, he had won against Raulian Paiva at UFC 269 on 11th December 2021 by knockout in the 1st round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

He had beat Kris Moutinho at UFC 264 on 10th July 2021 by knockout in the 3rd round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.

Vera has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he defeated Pedro Munhoz at UFC 292 on 19th August 2023 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at TD Garden, Boston, United States.

Previous to that, he had been beaten by Cory Sandhagen at UFC Fight Night San Antonio on 25th March 2023 by split decision in their 5 round contest at AT&T Center, San Antonio.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Dominick Cruz at UFC Fight Night: Vera vs. Cruz on 13th August 2022 by knockout in the 4th round at Pechanga Arena, San Diego.

Before that, he had won against Rob Font at UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Vera on 30th April 2022 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

He had defeated Frankie Edgar at UFC 268 on 6th November 2021 by knockout in the 3rd round at Madison Square Garden, New York City.

Who's been more active?

In terms of recent activity, Marlon Vera has been fighting more than Sean O’Malley.

Sean O’Malley last fought 6 months and 8 days ago, while Marlon Vera's last outing was 6 months and 8 days ago.

O'Malley's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 7 months and 17 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 11 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 11 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.2 rounds on average.

Vera's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 3 months and 21 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 17 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 20 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4 rounds on average.

O’Malley vs Vera II Odds History

All Betting Markets

All UFC 299 odds

UFC 299 Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
O’Malley vs Vera IISaturday, 9 March 2024Sean O’Malley1/2(-200)Marlon Vera13/8(+160)
Poirier vs Saint-DenisSaturday, 9 March 2024Dustin Poirier5/4(+130)Benoit Saint-Denis4/6(-150)
Burns vs MaddalenaSaturday, 9 March 2024Gilbert Burns22/25(-110)Jack Della Maddalena10/11(-110)
Yan vs SongSaturday, 9 March 2024Petr Yan7/10(-140)Yadong Song57/50(+110)
Holland vs PageSaturday, 9 March 2024Kevin Holland3/4(-130)Michael Page21/20(+100)