May 04 2024
Saturday

Jeunesse Arena, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

5 rounds contest
@ Flyweight
27-5-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

12-1-0

Contest odds

Pantoja 4/11 (-280)
Erceg 21/10 (+210)

Chance of winning

69.51% 30.49%

The tape

33
Age
28
5' 5" / 166 cm
Height
5' 9" / 174 cm
68.1" / 173 cm
Reach
68.5" / 174 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 5SD 5SUB 1SUB 2UD 3
Form
KO 2UD 3UD 3
27
Wins
12
8
By KO
2
30
KO%
17
5
Losses
1
0
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2007
Debut
2016
75
Pro rounds
27

Current rankings @ Flyweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC 301 betting preview

Bookmakers made Alexandre Pantoja a strong favourite against Steve Erceg when they square off in their contest on Saturday 4th May 2024 at UFC 301.

He is currently 4/11 (-280) to win the contest outright, while you can get 21/10 (+210) on Steve Erceg if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 70% chance of Pantoja winning while giving Erceg a 30% chance.

Pantoja opened as the favourite at 9/25 (-280).

Erceg opened at 9/4 (+230) which has got wider by -17/20 (+120).

The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Flyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 125 pounds (8.75 stones or 56.82 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the UFC flyweight championship.

Full UFC 301 Odds

Main Events

Alexandre Pantoja is currently 4/11 (-280) to beat Steve Erceg, while Erceg is currently 21/10 (+210) to win if you fancy the upset.

Main Card

Caio Borralho is made a favourite at 4/11 (-280) to come out the victor in a fight against Paul Craig, while Craig is currently 2/1 (+200) to win if you fancy the upset.

Vitor Petrino sits at 2/7 (-340) to win against Anthony Smith, while Smith is currently 12/5 (+240) to win if you fancy the upset.

Prelims

Drakkar Klose is marked at 8/11 (-140) to be victorious against Joaquim Silva, while Silva is currently 21/20 (+100) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Alessandro Costa is currently 4/5 (-130) to defeat Kevin Borjas, while Borjas is currently 20/21 (-110) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Dione Barbosa is made a favourite at 8/15 (-190) to beat Ernesta Kareckaite, while Kareckaite is currently 7/5 (+140) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Joanderson Brito sits at 4/5 (-130) to come out the victor in a fight against Jack Shore, while Shore is currently 20/21 (-110) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Myktybek Orolbay Uulu is marked at 4/7 (-180) to win against Elves Brenner, while Brenner is currently 13/10 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.

William Gomis is currently 8/11 (-140) to be victorious against Jean Silva, while Silva is currently 21/20 (+100) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Iasmin Lucindo is made a favourite at 2/5 (-250) to defeat Karolina Kowalkiewicz, while Kowalkiewicz is currently 7/4 (+180) to win if you fancy the upset.

Jamie Mullarkey sits at 4/6 (-150) to beat Mauricio Ruffy, while Ruffy is currently 11/10 (+110) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Ismael Bonfim is marked at 2/9 (-450) to come out the victor in a fight against Vinc Pichel, while Pichel is currently 3/1 (+300) to win if you fancy the big upset.

Pantoja vs Erceg Head To Head

Alexandre Pantoja steps into the octagon with a record of 27 wins, 5 loses and 0 draws, 8 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 10 by submission.

Steve Erceg will make his way to the cage with a record of 12 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws, with 2 of those wins by knock out and 6 by submission.

The stats suggest Pantoja has an advantage in power over Erceg, with a 30% knock out percentage over Erceg's 17%.

Alexandre Pantoja is the older man by 5 years, at 33 years old.

Erceg has a height advantage of 4 inches over Pantoja. This also extends to a 1-inch reach advantage.

Pantoja is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 19 more fights, and made his debut in 2007, 8 years and 6 months earlier than Erceg, whose first professional fight was in 2016. He has fought 48 more professional rounds, 75 to Erceg's 27.

Pantoja vs Erceg betting form

Alexandre Pantoja has beaten 5 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Brandon Royval at UFC 296 on 16th December 2023 by unanimous decision in their UFC Flyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he had defeated Brandon Moreno at UFC 290 on 8th July 2023 by split decision in their UFC Flyweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.

Going into that contest, he had beat Alex Perez at UFC 277 on 30th July 2022 by split decision in the 1st round at Madison Square Garden, New York City.

Before that, he had won against Brandon Royval at UFC Vegas 34 on 21st August 2021 by split decision in the 2nd round at UFC APEX, Enterprise.

He had beat Manel Kape at UFC Vegas 18 on 6th February 2021 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Who's been more active?

Pantoja's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 2 months and 6 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 20 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 16 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3.2 rounds on average.

Erceg's last 3 fights have come over a period of 10 months and 2 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 3 months and 12 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 8 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.7 rounds on average.

Pantoja vs Erceg Odds History

All Betting Markets

All UFC 301 odds

UFC 301 Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Pantoja vs ErcegSaturday, 4 May 2024Alexandre Pantoja4/11(-280)Steve Erceg21/10(+210)
Craig vs BorralhoSaturday, 4 May 2024Paul Craig2/1(+200)Caio Borralho4/11(-280)
Smith vs PetrinoSaturday, 4 May 2024Anthony Smith12/5(+240)Vitor Petrino2/7(-340)