Mar 16 2024
Saturday

UFC Apex, Las Vegas, United States

3 rounds contest
@ Light Heavyweight
12-4-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

26-17-0

Contest odds

Nzechukwu 1/4 (-400)
St. Preux 29/10 (+290)

Chance of winning

75.73% 24.27%

The tape

31
Age
40
6' 5" / 196 cm
Height
6' 3" / 191 cm
83.1" / 211 cm
Reach
79.9" / 203 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 1SUB 2KO 2KO 3SD 3
Form
KO 1SD 3KO 2KO 2KO 2
12
Wins
26
8
By KO
12
67
KO%
46
4
Losses
17
2
Stopped
5
0
Draws
0
2016
Debut
2008
35
Pro rounds
91

Current rankings @ Light Heavyweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC Fight Night: Tuivasa vs. Tybura betting preview

Bookmakers made Kennedy Nzechukwu a big favourite against Ovince St. Preux when they meet in their bout on Saturday 16th March 2024 at UFC Fight Night: Tuivasa vs. Tybura.

He is currently 1/4 (-400) to win the bout outright, while you can get 29/10 (+290) on Ovince St. Preux if you fancy the big upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 76% chance of Nzechukwu winning while giving St. Preux a 24% chance.

Nzechukwu opened as the favourite at 7/25 (-360) however, that price has now got wider by 97/-100 (+100).

St. Preux opened at 11/4 (+280) which has shorten by 23/-20 (+90).

The fight is scheduled for 3 rounds in the Light Heavyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 205 pounds (14.35 stones or 93.18 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Full UFC Fight Night: Tuivasa vs. Tybura Odds

Main Events

Kennedy Nzechukwu is currently 1/4 (-400) to beat Ovince St. Preux, while St. Preux is currently 29/10 (+290) to win if you fancy the big upset.

Main Card

Macy Chiasson is made a favourite at 11/20 (-180) to come out the victor in a fight against Pannie Kianzad, while Kianzad is currently 7/5 (+140) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Joshua Culibao sits at 1/2 (-200) to win against Danny Silva, while Silva is currently 8/5 (+160) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Prelims

Jafel Filho is marked at 3/5 (-170) to be victorious against Ode Osbourne, while Osbourne is currently 13/10 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Isaac Dulgarian is currently 8/13 (-160) to defeat Christian Rodriguez, while Rodriguez is currently 5/4 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Bryan Battle is made a favourite at 16/25 (-160) to beat Ange Loosa, while Loosa is currently 5/4 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Jaqueline Amorim sits at 7/10 (-140) to come out the victor in a fight against Cory McKenna, while McKenna is currently 23/20 (+110) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Charalampos Grigoriou is marked at 13/25 (-190) to win against Chad Anheliger, while Anheliger is currently 31/20 (+150) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Gerald Meerschaert is currently 4/7 (-180) to be victorious against Bryan Barberena, while Barberena is currently 11/8 (+140) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Josiane Nunes is made a favourite at 7/10 (-140) to defeat Chelsea Chandler, while Chandler is currently 23/20 (+110) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Nzechukwu vs Preux Head To Head

Kennedy Nzechukwu steps into the octagon with a record of 12 wins, 4 loses and 0 draws, 8 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 1 by submission.

Ovince St. Preux will make his way to the cage with a record of 26 wins, 17 loses and 0 draws, with 12 of those wins by knock out and 8 by submission.

The stats suggest Nzechukwu has a large advantage in power over St. Preux, boasting at 67% knock out percentage over St. Preux's 46%.

Kennedy Nzechukwu is the younger man by 9 years, at 31 years old.

Nzechukwu has a height advantage of 2 inches over St. Preux. This also extends to a 3-inch reach advantage.

Nzechukwu is the less experienced professional fighter, having had 27 fewer fights, and made his debut in 2016, 8 year and 1 month later than St. Preux, whose first professional fight was in 2008. He has fought 56 less professional rounds, 35 to St. Preux's 91.

Nzechukwu vs Preux betting form

Nzechukwu has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going to the judges once.

In his last fight, he lost to Dustin Jacoby at UFC Fight Night – Sandhagen vs. Font on 5th August 2023 by knockout in the 1st round at Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, United States.

Previous to that, he had won against Devin Clark at UFC 288 on 6th May 2023 by knockout in the 2nd round at Prudential Center, Newark.

Going into that contest, he had beat Ion Cutelaba at UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Spivak on 19th November 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round at UFC Apex, Las Vegas.

Before that, he had defeated Karl Roberson at UFC Fight Night: Dos Anjos vs. Fiziev on 9th July 2022 by knockout in the 3rd round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

He had been beaten by Nick Negumereanu at UFC 272 on 5th March 2022 by split decision in their 3 round contest at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.

St. Preux has beaten 2 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going the distance once.

In his last fight, he Philipe Lins at UFC Fight Night: Andrade vs. Blanchfield on 18th February 2023 by knockout in the 1st round at UFC Apex, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he had won against Mauricio Rua at UFC 274 on 7th May 2022 by split decision in their 3 round contest at Jeunesse Arena, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Going into that contest, he had lost to Tanner Boser at UFC Vegas 30 on 26th June 2021 by knockout in the 2nd round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.

Before that, he had been beaten by Jamahal Hill at UFC Vegas 16 on 5th December 2020 by knockout in the 2nd round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

He had defeated Alonzo Menifield at UFC Vegas 9 on 5th September 2020 by knockout in the 2nd round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Who's been more active?

In terms of recent activity, Kennedy Nzechukwu has been fighting more than Ovince St. Preux.

Kennedy Nzechukwu last fought 6 months and 22 days ago, while Ovince St. Preux's last outing was 1 year and 9 days ago.

Nzechukwu's last 5 fights have come over a period of 1 year, 11 months and 22 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 4 months and 24 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 11 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.2 rounds on average.

St. Preux's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 5 months and 22 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 11 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 10 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2 rounds on average.

Nzechukwu vs Preux Odds History

All Betting Markets

All UFC Fight Night: Tuivasa vs. Tybura odds

UFC Fight Night: Tuivasa vs. Tybura Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Nzechukwu vs PreuxSaturday, 16 March 2024Kennedy Nzechukwu1/4(-400)Ovince St. Preux29/10(+290)
Kianzad vs ChiassonSaturday, 16 March 2024Pannie Kianzad7/5(+140)Macy Chiasson11/20(-180)
Culibao vs SilvaSaturday, 16 March 2024Joshua Culibao1/2(-200)Danny Silva8/5(+160)