Jun 15 2024
Saturday

UFC Apex, Las Vegas, United States

5 rounds contest
@ Flyweight
24-8-0

Walks out:

2024-06-16T04:40:00Z ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

15-0-0

Contest odds

Perez 6/4 (+150)
Taira 13/25 (-190)

Chance of winning

37.81% 62.19%

The tape

32
Age
24
5' 6" / 168 cm
Height
5' 7" / 170 cm
65.4" / 166 cm
Reach
N/A
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 2UD 3SUB 1SUB 1SUB 1
Form
KO 2UD 3SUB 1SUB 2UD 3
24
Wins
15
5
By KO
4
21
KO%
27
8
Losses
0
1
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2011
Debut
N/A
63
Pro rounds
25

Current rankings @ Flyweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC Fight Night: Perez vs. Taira betting preview

Bookmakers made Tatsuro Taira a favourite against Alex Perez when they square off in their contest on Saturday 15th June 2024 at UFC Fight Night: Perez vs. Taira.

He is currently 13/25 (-190) to win the contest outright, while you can get 6/4 (+150) on Alex Perez if you fancy the small upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 63% chance of Taira winning while giving Perez a 37% chance.

Taira opened as the favourite at 53/100 (-190).

Perez opened at 81/50 (+160) which has got wider by 22/-25 (+110).

The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Flyweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 125 pounds (8.75 stones or 56.82 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Full UFC Fight Night: Perez vs. Taira Odds

Main Event

Tatsuro Taira is currently 13/25 (-190) to beat Alex Perez, while Perez is currently 6/4 (+150) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Ikram Aliskerov is made a favourite at 1/14 (-1400) to come out the victor in a fight against Antonio Trocoli, while Trocoli is currently 7/1 (+700) to win if you fancy the massive upset.

Main Card

Timothy Cuamba sits at 1/2 (-200) to win against Lucas Almeida, while Almeida is currently 8/5 (+160) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Asu Almabaev is marked at 1/6 (-590) to be victorious against Jose Johnson, while Johnson is currently 17/4 (+430) to win if you fancy the big upset.

Josh Quinlan is currently 10/13 (-130) to defeat Adam Fugitt, while Fugitt is currently 1/1 (+100) to win if you fancy the slight upset.

Prelims

Tagir Ulanbekov is made a favourite at 4/9 (-230) to beat Joshua Van, while Van is currently 7/4 (+180) to win if you fancy the upset.

Nate Maness sits at 1/4 (-400) to come out the victor in a fight against Jimmy Flick, while Flick is currently 17/4 (+430) to win if you fancy the big upset.

Garrett Armfield is marked at 13/25 (-190) to win against Brady Hiestand, while Hiestand is currently 31/20 (+150) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Gabriella Hermogenes is currently 8/13 (-160) to be victorious against Carli Judice, while Judice is currently 13/10 (+130) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Jeka Asparido Saragih is made a favourite at 2/7 (-340) to defeat Westin Wilson, while Wilson is currently 13/5 (+260) to win if you fancy the upset.

Josefine Knutsson sits at 13/25 (-190) to beat Julia Polastri, while Polastri is currently 31/20 (+150) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Melquizael Costa is marked at 1/2 (-200) to come out the victor in a fight against Yilan Sha, while Sha is currently 8/5 (+160) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Perez vs Taira Head To Head

Alex Perez steps into the octagon with a record of 24 wins, 8 losses and 0 draws, 5 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 7 by submission.

Tatsuro Taira will make his way to the cage with an unblemished record of 15 wins, 0 losses, and 0 draws, 4 of those wins coming by knock out and 7 by submission.

The stats suggest Taira has a slight advantage in power over Perez, with a 27% knock out percentage over Perez's 21%.

Taira is currently 17/2 (+850) to get the knockout.

Alex Perez is the older man by 8 years, at 32 years old.

Taira has a height advantage of 1 inch over Perez.

Perez is arguably the more experienced fighter, having had 17 more fights, and made his debut in 2011, 13 years and 1 month later than Taira, whose first professional fight was in . He has fought 38 more professional rounds, 63 to Taira's 25.

If you think Taira will win on points, you can get odds of 9/2 (+450).

Perez vs Taira betting form

Perez has beaten 2 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going to the judges once.

In his last fight, he won against Matheus Nicolau at UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs. Perez on 27th April 2024 by knockout in the 2nd round at UFC Apex, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he had lost to Muhammad Mokaev at UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs. Gaziev on 2nd March 2024 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC Apex, Las Vegas.

Going into that contest, he had been beaten by Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 277 on 30th July 2022 by submission in the 1st round at Madison Square Garden, New York City.

Before that, he had been defeated by Deiveson Figueiredo at UFC 255 on 21st November 2020 by submission in the 1st round in their UFC Flyweight championship fight at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

He had beaten Jordan Espinosa at UFC on ESPN+ 24 on 25th January 2020 by submission in the 1st round at PNC Arena, Raleigh.

Taira remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 1 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he defeated Carlos Hernandez at UFC Fight Night: Song vs. Gutierrez on 9th December 2023 by knockout in the 2nd round at UFC Apex, Las Vegas, United States.

Previous to that, he was victorious against Edgar Chairez at UFC 290 on 8th July 2023 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.

Going into that contest, he had won against Jesus Santos Aguilar at UFC Fight Night on 4th February 2023 by submission in the 1st round at UFC Apex, Las Vegas.

Before that, he had beaten C.J. Vergara at UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Araujo on 15th October 2022 by submission in the 2nd round at UFC Apex, Las Vegas.

He had defeated Carlos Candelario at UFC Fight Night: Błachowicz vs. Rakić on 14th May 2022 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Who's been more active?

In terms of recent activity, Tatsuro Taira has been fighting more than Alex Perez.

Alex Perez last fought 1 month and 17 days ago, while Tatsuro Taira's last outing was 6 months and 4 days ago.

Perez's last 5 fights have come over a period of 4 years, 4 months and 19 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 10 months and 16 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 8 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 1.6 rounds on average.

Taira's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 30 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 5 months and 1 day. In those fights, he fought a total of 11 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 2.2 rounds on average.

What’s the Latest Time I Can Bet on Perez vs Taira Pre Fight?

The fighters are expected to walk out at around 4:40 AM UTC , which is 12:40 AM EST or 9:40 PM PST on the West Coast of America, or 5:40 AM BST in the UK.

Perez vs Taira Odds History

All Betting Markets

United States flag
Japan flag
5 rounds @ Flyweight
Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Main Card
Russian Federation flag
Brazil flag
Ikram Aliskerov
Aliskerov
vs
Trocoli
Antonio Trocoli
3 rounds @ Middleweight
Winner Method of result Round betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Brazil flag
United States flag
Lucas Almeida
Almeida
vs
Cuamba
Timothy Cuamba
3 rounds @ Featherweight
Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
Kazakhstan flag
United States flag
Asu Almabaev
Almabaev
vs
Johnson
Jose Johnson
3 rounds @ Flyweight
Winner Method of result Round betting Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds
United States flag
United States flag
Adam Fugitt
Fugitt
vs
Quinlan
Josh Quinlan
3 rounds @ Welterweight
Winner Method of result Grouped betting Fight to go the distance Total rounds

All UFC Fight Night: Perez vs. Taira odds

UFC Fight Night: Perez vs. Taira Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Perez vs TairaSaturday, 15 June 2024Alex Perez6/4(+150)Tatsuro Taira13/25(-190)
Aliskerov vs TrocoliSaturday, 15 June 2024Ikram Aliskerov1/14(-1400)Antonio Trocoli7/1(+700)
Almeida vs CuambaSaturday, 15 June 2024Lucas Almeida8/5(+160)Timothy Cuamba1/2(-200)
Almabaev vs JohnsonSaturday, 15 June 2024Asu Almabaev1/6(-590)Jose Johnson17/4(+430)
Fugitt vs QuinlanSaturday, 15 June 2024Adam Fugitt1/1(+100)Josh Quinlan10/13(-130)