Jun 22 2024
Saturday

Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

5 rounds contest
@ Middleweight
25-7-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

US - N/A / UK - N/A

13-0-0

Contest odds

Whittaker 7/4 (+180)
Chimaev 4/9 (-230)

Chance of winning

34.37% 65.63%

The tape

33
Age
30
6' 0" / 182 cm
Height
6' 2" / 188 cm
73.6" / 187 cm
Reach
75.2" / 191 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

UD 3KO 2UD 3UD 5UD 5
Form
MD 3SUB 1UD 3SUB 1KO 1
25
Wins
13
9
By KO
6
36
KO%
46
7
Losses
0
3
Stopped
0
0
Draws
0
2009
Debut
2018
84
Pro rounds
20

Current rankings @ Middleweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Chimaev betting preview

Bookmakers made Khamzat Chimaev a strong favourite against Robert Whittaker when they come head-to-head in their clash on Saturday 22nd June 2024 at UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Chimaev.

He is currently 4/9 (-230) to win the clash outright, while you can get 7/4 (+180) on Robert Whittaker if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 66% chance of Chimaev winning while giving Whittaker a 34% chance.

Chimaev opened as the favourite at 1/2 (-200) however, that price has now got wider by -47/50 (+110).

Whittaker opened at 17/10 (+170).

The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Middleweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 185 pounds (12.95 stones or 84.09 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

Full UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Chimaev Odds

Main Event

Khamzat Chimaev is currently 4/9 (-230) to beat Robert Whittaker, while Whittaker is currently 7/4 (+180) to win if you fancy the upset.

Whittaker vs Chimaev Head To Head

Robert Whittaker steps into the octagon with a record of 25 wins, 7 losses and 0 draws, 9 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 5 by submission.

Khamzat Chimaev will make his way to the cage with an unblemished record of 13 wins, 0 losses, and 0 draws, 6 of those wins coming by knock out and 5 by submission.

The stats suggest Chimaev has a slight advantage in power over Whittaker, with a 46% knock out percentage over Whittaker's 36%.

Robert Whittaker is the older man by 3 years, at 33 years old.

Chimaev has a height advantage of 2 inches over Whittaker. This also extends to a 1-inch reach advantage.

Whittaker is the more experienced professional fighter, having had 19 more fights, and made his debut in 2009, 9 years and 2 months earlier than Chimaev, whose first professional fight was in 2018. He has fought 64 more professional rounds, 84 to Chimaev's 20.

Whittaker vs Chimaev betting form

Robert Whittaker has beaten 3 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Paulo Costa at UFC 298 on 17th February 2024 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at Honda Center, Anaheim, United States.

Previous to that, he had lost to Dricus Du Plessis at UFC 290 on 8th July 2023 by knockout in the 2nd round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Marvin Vettori at UFC Fight Night Paris on 3rd September 2022 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at Accor Arena, Paris, France.

Before that, he had been beaten by Israel Adesanya at UFC 271 on 12th February 2022 by unanimous decision in their UFC Middleweight championship fight at Toyota Center, Houston, United States.

He had defeated Kelvin Gastelum at UFC Vegas 24 on 17th April 2021 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Chimaev remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 1 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he won against Kamaru Usman at UFC 294 on 21st October 2023 by majority decision in their 3 round contest at Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Previous to that, he had won against Kevin Holland at UFC 279 on 10th September 2022 by submission in the 1st round at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, United States.

Going into that contest, he had beaten Gilbert Burns at UFC 273 on 9th April 2022 by unanimous decision in their 3 round contest at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville.

Before that, he had defeated Jingliang Li at UFC 267 on 30th October 2021 by submission in the 1st round.

He was victorious against Gerald Meerschaert at UFC Vegas 11 on 19th September 2020 by knockout in the 1st round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas, United States.

Who's been more active?

In terms of recent activity, Robert Whittaker has been fighting more than Khamzat Chimaev.

Robert Whittaker last fought 3 months and 2 days ago, while Khamzat Chimaev's last outing was 6 months and 28 days ago.

Whittaker's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 1 month and 2 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 7 months and 13 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 18 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 3.6 rounds on average.

Chimaev's last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years and 8 months, meaning he has been fighting on average every 8 months and 24 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 9 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 1.8 rounds on average.

Whittaker vs Chimaev Odds History

All Betting Markets

All UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Chimaev odds

UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Chimaev Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Whittaker vs ChimaevSaturday, 22 June 2024Robert Whittaker7/4(+180)Khamzat Chimaev4/9(-230)