Mar 18 2023
Saturday

in the United Kingdom

5 rounds contest
@ Welterweight
20-3-0

Walks out:

TBA ()

broadcast start time:

UK - N/A / US - N/A

20-2-0

Contest odds

Edwards 39/20 (+200)
Usman 4/11 (-280)

Chance of winning

31.56% 68.44%

The tape

31
Age
35
6' 2" / 188 cm
Height
6' 0" / 183 cm
74" / 188 cm
Reach
77.6" / 197 cm
Orthodox (R)
Stance
Orthodox (R)

Full record

KO 5UD 5NC 2UD 5SD 3
Form
KO 5UD 5KO 2KO 3UD 5
20
Wins
20
7
By KO
9
35
KO%
45
3
Losses
2
0
Stopped
1
0
Draws
0
2011
Debut
2012
67
Pro rounds
68

Current rankings @ Welterweight

-
-
-
FOX
-
-
Fox Sports 1
-
-
FX
-
-
Fox Sports 2
-

UFC 286 betting preview

Bookmakers made Kamaru Usman a strong favourite against Leon Edwards when they square off in their contest on Saturday 18th March 2023 at UFC 286.

He is currently 4/11 (-280) to win the contest outright, while you can get 39/20 (+200) on Leon Edwards if you fancy the upset.

That means that oddsmakers think there is 69% chance of Usman winning while giving Edwards a 31% chance.

Usman opened as the favourite at 9/25 (-280).

Edwards opened at 2/1 (+200).

The fight is scheduled for 5 rounds in the Welterweight division, which means both fighters will have to make the weight limit of 170 pounds (11.9 stones or 77.27 KG) on the day of the weigh-in.

This contest is for the UFC welterweight championship.

Full UFC 286 Odds

Main Events

Kamaru Usman is currently 4/11 (-280) to beat Leon Edwards, while Edwards is currently 39/20 (+200) to win if you fancy the upset.

Rafael Fiziev is made a favourite at 4/7 (-180) to come out the victor in a fight against Justin Gaethje, while Gaethje is currently 7/5 (+140) to win if you fancy the small upset.

Edwards vs Usman Head To Head

Leon Edwards steps into the octagon with a record of 20 wins, 3 loses and 0 draws, 7 of those wins coming by the way of knock out and 3 by submission.

Kamaru Usman will make his way to the cage with a record of 20 wins, 2 loses and 0 draws, with 9 of those wins by knock out and 1 by submission.

The stats suggest Usman has a slight advantage in power over Edwards, with a 45% knock out percentage over Edwards' 35%.

Leon Edwards is the younger man by 4 years, at 31 years old.

Edwards has a height advantage of 2 inches over Usman. Despite this, Usman has 4-inch reach advantage.

Edwards is arguably the more experienced fighter, having had 1 more fights, and made his debut in 2011, 1 year and 5 months earlier than Usman, whose first professional fight was in 2012. He has fought 1 less professional rounds, 67 to Usman's 68.

Edwards vs Usman betting form

Edwards has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 1 of them, going to the judges 3 times.

In his last fight, he defeated Kamaru Usman at UFC 278 on 20th August 2022 by knockout in the 5th round in their UFC Welterweight championship fight at Vivint Arena, Salt Lake City, United States.

Previous to that, he had defeated Nate Diaz at UFC 263 on 12th June 2021 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at Gila River Arena, Glendale.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Belal Muhammad at UFC Vegas 21 on 13th March 2021 by unanimous decision in the 2nd round at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

Before that, he had beat Rafael dos Anjos at UFC on ESPN 4 on 20th July 2019 by unanimous decision in their 5 round contest at AT&T Center, San Antonio.

He had won against Gunnar Nelson at UFC on ESPN+ 5 on 16th March 2019 by split decision in their 3 round contest at 02 Arena, London, United Kingdom.

Usman has beaten 4 of his last 5 opponents, stopping 2 of them, going the distance twice.

In his last fight, he Leon Edwards at UFC 278 on 20th August 2022 by knockout in the 5th round in their UFC Welterweight championship fight at Vivint Arena, Salt Lake City, United States.

Previous to that, he had beat Colby Covington at UFC 268 on 6th November 2021 by unanimous decision in their UFC Welterweight championship fight at Madison Square Garden, New York City.

Going into that contest, he had defeated Jorge Masvidal at UFC 261 on 24th April 2021 by knockout in the 2nd round in their UFC Welterweight championship fight at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville.

Before that, he had won against Gilbert Burns at UFC 258 on 13th February 2021 by knockout in the 3rd round in their UFC Welterweight championship fight at UFC APEX, Las Vegas.

He had defeated Jorge Masvidal at UFC 251 on 11th July 2020 by unanimous decision in their UFC Welterweight championship fight at UFC Fight Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Who's been more active?

In terms of recent activity, Kamaru Usman has been fighting more than Leon Edwards.

Leon Edwards last fought 5 months and 5 days ago, while Kamaru Usman's last outing was 5 months and 5 days ago.

Edwards' last 5 fights have come over a period of 3 years, 10 months and 9 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 9 months and 9 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 20 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4 rounds on average.

Usman's last 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years, 6 months and 14 days, meaning he has been fighting on average every 6 months and 4 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 20 rounds, meaning that they have lasted 4 rounds on average.

Edwards vs Usman Odds History

All Betting Markets

All UFC 286 odds

UFC 286 Odds
Fight Fight Date Fighter 1 Fighter 1 Winning Odds Fighter 2 Fighter 2 Winning Odds
Edwards vs UsmanSaturday, 18 March 2023Leon Edwards39/20(+200)Kamaru Usman4/11(-280)
Gaethje vs FizievSaturday, 18 March 2023Justin Gaethje7/5(+140)Rafael Fiziev4/7(-180)